New Better You!
It’s that time of year…resolutions, resolutions, resolutions. I have such a challenging time keeping my resolutions – when I hear “Don’t”, I end up “Do”-ing. Resolutions and I don’t get along. I much prefer checklists/to do lists. Inspired by Kincavel Korner, I’m listing my 52 things to accomplish in 52 weeks.
Since we are well into Week 2 of 2014, my list will be somewhat annotated to provide an update as to where things are.
- Take the next step in my career path.
- Communicate with three people from my network a week (1/52).
- Complete the 52 Week Money Challenge (2/52).
- Make a donation to three charities (0/3).
- Complete the 52 Weeks to an Organized Home Challenge (1/52).
- Prepare one new recipe a month.
- Make, bring and eat a lunch from home at least once a week (2/52).
- Eat one vegetarian only/fish meal a week (1/52).
- Eat one piece of fruit a day (5/365). [I haven’t been very good with this one.]
- Drink a glass of water with each meal. [Or this one.]
- Take the stairs where available/possible.
- Start a “learn-to-run” program by April 15.
- Thoroughly clean the house for Chinese New Year.
- Participate in a fast or giving-up of a luxury for Lent.
- Take a family photo shoot.
- Write a love letter to Husband.
- Write a love letter to Kid.
- Have a date night at least once a month with Husband.
- Go on a movie-night-out with Husband.
- Go see a baseball game with Husband and Kid.
- Visit Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada with Husband and Kid.
- Visit Centreville and/or Canada’s Wonderland with Husband and Kid.
- Take Kid swimming.
- Take Kid sledding.
- Take Kid skating.
- Build a snowman with Kid.
- Make snowangels with Kid.
- Do a new arts and craft activity with Kid at least once a month (1/12).
- Host a playdate for Kid.
- Pack away Kid’s baby toys.
- Visit family in Montreal.
- Visit family in Ottawa.
- Visit family in New Jersey.
- Get-together with girlfriends once a month.
- Read one new book a month (1/12). [I’ve actually finished two this month]
- Complete a jigsaw puzzle.
- Watch the Planet Earth series.
- Catch up on The Good Wife series.
- Visit The Forbidden City Exhibit at the ROM.
- Purge home files.
- Digitalize all of Kid’s artwork.
- Organize music on iTunes.
- Organize photos on iPhoto.
- Learn how to use Photoshop.
- Frame and hang artwork from the Art Institute.
- Host one holiday event.
- Send out Christmas cards.
- Watch a Christmas movie picked out by Husband.
- Write “12 Days of Gratitude – 2014 Edition”.
- Update my blog format.
- Post a weekly update of my progress on my blog.
- Make a list of 52 things in 52 weeks for 2015.
What about you? Resolutions? Challenges?
Pingback: 52 things in 52 weeks – The 2014 Edition – Update 1 (Week 4) | Care In The City