This is my second update…my real life has become so comical, that I think I should really just right a book or sell the rights and live off royalties. I’m hoping to write another post to cover everything that has happened since the Ice Storm, life permitting.
52 Things in 52 Weeks
1. Take the next step in my career path.
- Update 1 (February 1, 2014): I have meetings set up in the next couple of weeks, after which I’ll have a better sense of where things are heading.
- Update 2 (February 11, 2014): My meetings are all done…now, it’s wait and see. Can I tell you…I.hate.waiting! (*mental note* – work on patience)
2. Communicate with three people from my network a week (4/52).
- Update 1 (February 1, 2014): I have not been very good at this – mental note to be better.
3. Complete the 52 Week Money Challenge (6/52).
- Update 1 (February 1, 2014): I have been very good at this. In fact, Husband and Liger are also participating (well, I’m contributing to Liger’s portion).
4. Make a donation to three charities (0/3).
5. Complete the 52 Weeks to an Organized Home Challenge (1/52).
- Update 1 (February 1, 2014): I have not been good at this and it may be this might be one left on the back burner. Stay tuned.
6. Prepare one new recipe a month (1/12).
- Update 1 (February 1, 2014): As I have said before, I cannot cook. So, anything I make that is edible is a feat unto itself and, an even bigger feat if Liger (who is a super picky eater) eats it. This month, I made not just one, but TWO, dishes: (i) spaghetti and meatballs layered with fresh mozzarella; and (ii) egg fried rice. I’m going to try something a bit more challenging for February.
7. Make, bring and eat a lunch from home at least once a week (6/52).
8. Eat one vegetarian only/fish meal a week (6/52).
9. Eat one piece of fruit a day (10/365).
- Update 1 (February 1, 2014): So.not.good.with.this.one. I realize that 31 days have already passed. Will.need.to.do.better.
10. Drink a glass of water with each meal.
- Update 1 (February 1, 2014): Am.so-so.with.this.one – I’ve lost count. Will need to do better.
- Update 2 (February 11, 2014): Doing much better with this – I have reduced my consumption of Diet Pepsi (hooray!).
11. Take the stairs where available/possible.
- Update 1 (February 1, 2014): Am.also.so-so.with.this.one – certainly better than the fruit challenge. Will need to do better.
12. Start a “learn-to-run” program by April 15.
13. Thoroughly clean the house for Chinese New Year.
- Update 1 (February 1, 2014): COMPLETED!! Chinese New Year was on January 31 this year – strict timeline and really, I didn’t want to f*ck around with my luck this year.
14. Participate in a fast or giving-up of a luxury for Lent.
15. Take a family photo shoot.
16. Write a love letter to Husband.
17. Write a love letter to Liger.
18. Have a date night at least once a month with Husband (0/12).
- Update 1 (February 1, 2014): Fail for January – life got away from us. No excuse!
19. Go on a movie-night-out with Husband.
20. Go see a baseball game with Husband and Liger.
21. Visit Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada with Husband and Liger.
22. Visit Centreville and/or Canada’s Wonderland with Husband and Liger.
23. Take Liger swimming.
24. Take Liger sledding.
25. Take Liger skating.
26. Build a snowman with Liger.
27. Make snowangels with Liger.
- Update 2 (February 11, 2014): COMPLETE! After a huge snow dump, Liger and I went for a walk and, like a typical kid, he had to climb every snow bank and make footprints in the fresh snow. Part of our snow adventure included this:
I had just as much fun watching him as he was making the snow angel!
28. Do a new arts and craft activity with Liger at least once a month (2/12).
- Update 2 (February 11, 2014): Last month, we painted pictures (he has painted at preschool but this is new for us). This month, we took it one step further and created bugs!
29. Host a playdate for Liger.
30. Pack away Liger’s baby toys.
31. Visit family in Montreal.
32. Visit family in Ottawa.
33. Visit family in New Jersey.
34. Get-together with girlfriends once a month (0/12).
35. Read one new book a month (1/12).
- Update 1 (February 1, 2014): I’ve actually finished two books this month. The Second Empress by Michelle Moran and Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. Yes, they are pretty fluffy. I am now reading Catherine the Great by Robert Massie – he is my favourite historical writer. Massie writes about history in the form of a story which makes it easy to read and become engrossed. I have a wish list and a hold list for a multitude of books from the library.
36. Complete a jigsaw puzzle.
37. Watch the Planet Earth series.
38. Catch up on The Good Wife series.
39. Visit The Forbidden City Exhibit at the ROM.
40. Purge home files.
- Update 1 (February 2014): COMPLETE!!! I did this in conjunction with my cleaning for Chinese New Year.
41. Digitalize all of Liger’s artwork.
42. Organize music on iTunes.
43. Organize photos on iPhoto.
44. Learn how to use Photoshop.
45. Frame and hang artwork from the Art Institute.
46. Host one holiday event.
47. Send out Christmas cards.
48. Watch a Christmas movie picked out by Husband.
49. Write “12 Days of Gratitude – 2014 Edition”.
50. Update my blog format.
51. Post a weekly update of my progress on my blog (2/52).
52. Make a list of 52 things in 52 weeks for 2015.
4 out of 42 complete and 14 out of 52 in progress – 1 new complete since the last update!